International Initiative for Promoting Political Economy
7th Annual Conference in Political Economy
Call for Papers and Activist Proposals
Political Economy: International Trends and National Differences
September 7 – 9, 2016
School of Economics & Management, University of Lisbon
The Seventh Annual Conference in Political Economy will review the development of political economy in response to the crisis, and the emergence and renewal of political economy in different countries and regions. In doing this, this Conference will:
- Examine emerging traditions, and compare and contrast their approaches and insights with those of existing schools of political economy.
- Contribute to the further enrichment of political economy in the context of the ongoing crisis and the apparent, if uneven, loss of dynamism of global capitalism.
- Highlight the points of contact between political economy and the modalities of activism that have prospered since the onset of the global crisis.
Proposals for presentations on all aspects of political economy are welcome. Those focusing on activism, and on the contributions of different traditions, regions and countries, are especially encouraged.
- Deadline for submission of proposals for papers and Panels: April 1st, 2016 (successful submissions will be confirmed by May 1, 2016)
- Deadline for registration for the Conference: June 1st, 2015