Call for Applications: Post-doctoral Fellowship (EHESS, Paris)
“Asian Capitalisms: Diversity and Institutional Change”
Call for Applications – Deadline: 31 March 2018
The CEAFJP (Centre for French-Japanese Advanced Studies in Paris) is recruiting a post-doctoral fellow for 10 months, from 1 November 2018 to 31 August 2019.
In discussions among economists, sociologists and political scientists in Europe and North America, theories and concepts of comparative and international political economy have only recently been applied in systematic ways to Asia and the specific institutional configurations of its key economies. At the same time, the rapid transformation of Asia’s older and newer capitalisms are posing new theoretical challenges.
This call for a post-doctoral fellowship promotes integrated approaches to the transformations of contemporary capitalisms in Asia and explore the links between the changes of capitalism at global, national and local levels on the one hand and technological, social, and political transformation on the other. Areas of particular interest include: corporate diversity and institutional change; inequalities and welfare; developmental states. Thus, we welcome applicants from Political economy, Sociology, History, Law and we encourage research projects that focus on Asia’s experience from a comparative, historical, or global perspective.
The postdoctoral fellow is required to:
- contribute to the development and coordination of the CEAFJP’s research axis “Asian Capitalisms: Diversity and Institutional Change”;
- conduct a research project related to the research axis mentioned above and leading to the presentation of a 30-50 pages’ discussion paper by the end of the fellowship;
- take an active part in the EU funded research project “Understanding Institutional Change in Asia: a Comparative Perspective with Europe”, including the redaction of its scientific reports;
- contribute to the preparation of the application to the European Research Council’s call for projects on the research theme mentioned above;
- give a lecture in an EHESS seminar.
Candidates must be scholars who have submitted or will submit their PhD thesis between October 2015 and October 2018. Proficiency in either English or French is required.
Content of the Applications
- Application form
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications;
- A cover letter;
- Two reference letters.
All the documents are to be sent by email to email@example.com on 31 March 2018 midnight (French time) at the latest.
Contact and informations
Download the Call for Applications in English.
Download the Call for Applications in Japanese.